Recent and upcoming presentations
- 8–9 March, 2018. Invited talk "Probability in phonotactic acquisition and loanword perception" at the DGfS
Applications of probability theory in linguistics, Stuttgart.
- 14 January, 2018. Talk "Ghost phonemes in second languages – How orthography can create contrasts without
perceptual correlates" at the
15th Old World Conference in Phonology, London.
- 30 November, 2017. Talk "Diachronic changes in loanword adaptations are due to differences in the
adaptors' perception grammars" at the
Third Edinburgh Symposium on Historical Phonology, Edinburgh.
- 29 November, 2017. Talk together with Laura Downing "The phonetics of NCh in Tumbuka and implications for diachronic change"
at the Fringe workshop on
Laryngeal Features in Historical Phonology (LaryngeFringe), Edinburgh.
- August 3, 2017. Talk together with Jasmin Pfeifer "Congenital amusia in dizygotic twins: A case study"
at the 25th Anniversary Conference of the
European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM), Ghent.
- June 24, 2017. Talk "Phonetic and phonological degemination in Dutch, German and English"
at Approaches to Phonology and Phonetics 2017, Lublin.
- June 11, 2017. Poster "Diachronic change in loanword adaptation is due to differences in the adaptors' perception grammars" at the workshop
Phonetics and phonology in loanword adaptation, Köln.